The Malone Family

Our Journey with Infertility

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Baby Malone Due January 9, 2014

As most of you know by now Jared and I are expecting our little miracle baby, it is due in January but due to my previous surgeries we will be having a C-section at 36 weeks so the second week in December. So to back up a little bit as to how we found out I had not been feeling well for a few days and was having a lot of pain in my lower abdomen, we waited and waited for it to go away and it just got worse and was spreading to my back so we decided to go to the ER to make sure I didn't have a ruptured ovarian cyst since I get them all the time with my PCOS. While there they asked if there was any change I could be pregnant. We told them there is always a chance but really not likely due to how long we had been trying and were told we would have to do In Vitro to have a baby. They did a pregnancy test just to make sure and they were not able to tell if there were really 2 pink lines or not, they said maybe but we are unsure. So they did a blood test and my HCG (the hormone in your blood and urine when you are pregnant) was 36. Not pregnant is less than 5, so WE WERE PREGNANT! Barely pregnant but it was there. I took pregnancy tests every day just to watch the second line get darker and darker as my HCG levels kept going up. They were still concerned that it might be ectopic with all of the pain I was having, so we had an ultrasound as soon as it was big enough to see, and everything looked great, no problems!! Yay! We couldn't keep it a secret any longer we called all of our family and told them the news, it was so fun getting everyone's different reactions because everyone was so surprised. I didn't cry until I told my mom and then I lost it. I am now 15 weeks pregnant and am already on bed rest because I have placenta previa, where the placenta covers the cervix and can cause extreme bleeding problems for me. Out little baby is doing great and is so far a healthy little boy or girl. I can't wait to find that out. We have an ultrasound on August 6th and will find out then:)
These are the latest ultrasound pictures we have of our little one. We could not believe how big it was and that we could see all the little fingers. We could not be more excited for this little one to come into our lives, we love this little baby so much already, I cannot even begin to imagine the feelings I will feel when I get to hold it and see it's little face.



 Our ultrasound tech was so nice and gave us a little video of the baby sucking on its fingers and doing a little flip for us. She was amazing, she was on the night we were in the ER and found out we were pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment